Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm A Mistreated Workhorse

Hey..am I the only one who puts their heart and soul into what I do only to have some under qualified ass kisser get a promotion while I made all the effort? I have worked at Sunbelt Rentals for a while, and because I have never sucked up, have never been promoted. Other experienced employees have been passed up as new hires have moved on in spite of the fact they were less seasoned. I would think that working 55+ hours a week and giving it all I've got to build the customer base would help, but the fact that I helped make their business thrive obviously means nothing in a corporate run company. I do everything I can to please every customer and keep them faithful to our service, and all I get is fatigue. I'm fairly happy with my job in general, and I'm no whiner, but enough is enough...I invite anyone who wants to share their work experiences here to do so (please keep the language clean).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

snyper79 said...

Seriously, man?? You complain that you keep getting passed up for better positions by people with either less experience or that are new hires, and you don't understand why? Surely by now you have realized that Sunbelt heavily rewards it's employees that do whatever it takes to exceed the standard expectations day after day. Those that prove themselves capable of handling any challenge and issue without imploding under pressure, and that excel at every level of their position with superior work quality and positive attitude are the ones that are brought up the management structure ladder. Those that chose to complain and whine, just barely meet what is expected and required of them, and have poor attitudes typically will not see any vertical movement in their career. The fact you went and blogged a complaint about not being promoted is enough proof, but the content of your complaint is pretty conclusive evidence that your attitude SUCKS, and you probably don't try to excel at your job, but rather try to use your length of service as a qualifier for promotion. If I was your PCM/DM/Service Mgr., I wouldn't promote you either. Chances are, Sunbelt Rentals probably isn't the right job location for you.